2015 Devil's Advocate
A wine shop favourite! We named this wine 'Devil's Advocate' because we blended two grapes that traditionally "shouldn't" be bended together. With 70% Merlot for fresh cherry and blueberry notes and 30% Syrah for a hint of pepper, this wine is sure to impress. It's not as tannic as our premium red blends, and is a fan favourite.
Soft notes of pepper combine with smells of vanilla cigars, eucalyptus, leather and a hint of black cherry. Flavours of red liquorice, blueberry and cherry to start, and the Syrah gives a peppery finish
The Devil's Advocate is great with tomato based sauces (think pizza, spaghetti, lasagna) because of the fruitiness from the Merlot. The hint of pepper from the Syrah means it also stands up well to meat dishes - a charcuterie board or lamb burgers would be amazing.
Awards and Accolades
Devil’s Advocate 2010
- Gold, 2016 Best of BC, Okanagan Life Magazine
- Silver, 2012 Wineaccess Wine Competition
- Silver, 2013 San Francisco Wine Competition
- Silver, 2013 Taster’s Guild Wine Competition
- Silver, 2013 All Canadian Wine Championships
- Bronze, 2013 Finger Lakes Wine Competition
- Bronze, 2013 Winealign Wine Competition
- Bronze, 2013 New York International Wine Competition
- Bronze, 2016 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition